Helping you identify and grow trees
Looking for information about how to grow trees from seed? If the answer is yes, you're in the right place!
From the basics to a set of complete tree growing 'recipes', we have everything covered to help whether you're growing just a couple of trees in your back garden, or setting up a small tree nursery to supply enough trees to create your own new woodland!
Why grow trees
There are many reasons for growing a tree. Here at The Conservation Volunteers, we believe that trees:
- Offer a wonderful habitat for a huge range of animals and plant species
- Provide shade
- Absorb rainfall & help stop soil erosion
- Create cooler micro-climates
- Grow food for us and other species
- Give us fuel and timber
- Improve air quality & reduce noise pollution
- Make places more pleasant to live in
- Help us have fun – from tree-climbing to apple bobbing!